Friday, April 24, 2020

PHD Guiding lessons and YouTube Suggestions

PHD Guiding lesson

I've been having issues getting 'good' guiding and I found one of the tricks to be SURE you are already connected to your PC/Laptop when going through the wizard. By doing this, PHD2 can query your camera and mount and get the recommended and absolute data. The big difference for me was mount parameters:

Compare the difference in calibration steps:

Mount Calibration Steps without Query
Mount Calibration Steps with Query
I'm doing a retest next time out to test this as well as for me, the ASCOM driver for my QHY-5LII camera.

YouTube Suggestions:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgUnpM3vlFrlyf6jvS5mJXvcF11O8o5Bl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Galactic Ha Experiment with Bodes and Cigar Galaxies with a One Shot Color camera

 I thought it might be a worthy experiment to see how the L-Ultimate filter could add to the Ha detail of galaxies using a OSC Camera. So th...