Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Meridian Flips with Losmandy Mounts

So, one of the problems it took a long time to figure out are failed meridian flips. I've often been out imaging and when the time for the flip would come, the Losmandy Gemini 2 would do nothing and Sequence Generator Pro would fail as well. Then I'd have to go to counter weight down (CWD) and restart the sequence.


6" Newtonian... 13 lbs
Losmandy GM8 Mount

Here is the setting I had in SGP:


I'm hoping it is turning out the I have a issue with the older Losmandy Motor sticking out and having to have a longer scope bar that would run into it:


Have to see limit to 80 degrees to clear the dovetail plate.



So in order for the scope bar not to crash into the motor, I had to set my Safety Limit to 80 degrees.


So my test was that the flip could not happen because it would flip somewhere past 80 degrees. So to alleviate this, I'll set SGP to not flip till the 10 degrees has passed. 4 minutes == 1 degree so going > 45 minutes past. and this indeed works.



I use the following controls for syncing and flips as well as plate solving in the sequence in SGP:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Galactic Ha Experiment with Bodes and Cigar Galaxies with a One Shot Color camera

 I thought it might be a worthy experiment to see how the L-Ultimate filter could add to the Ha detail of galaxies using a OSC Camera. So th...