Sunday, April 26, 2020

ZWO ASI Cameras, Windows 10, and USB 3 Port lesson


Spent 2 hours troubleshooting my Windows 10 machine no longer recognizing the ASI 533MC Pro camera. The night before I unplugged it from my USB3 hub and directly into the sub3 extension cable to do some settings fiddling.

The next day, it wasn't showing up on the hub.

The fix was to plug the usb 3 extension cable into a usb 2 port. Once all the devices showed up, including the ASI camera, I went back and plugged it into the PC's usb 3 port and it works fine.

LESSON: DO NOT plug cables into the hub willy-nilly. Keep them plugged in to the same port every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Galactic Ha Experiment with Bodes and Cigar Galaxies with a One Shot Color camera

 I thought it might be a worthy experiment to see how the L-Ultimate filter could add to the Ha detail of galaxies using a OSC Camera. So th...